In order to grow professionally, we all know it is important to network and build relationships with other professionals-either within the industry or not. The same principle applies to your clients and engaging with them on social media.
You are networking with clients (and patients) on social media and building your relationship with them whether you realize it or not. This is your moment to shine and an opportunity to stand apart from the rest, tell your clients (new or existing) just how great you are, and why they should visit your clinic. Let’s dive in deeper and discuss how we can network with clients in a way that converts and brings in some great ROI.
For the Clinic Blog:
June is National Microchipping Month and National Pet Preparedness Month. This provides us with a great opportunity to educate our clients on preparing their pets for summer activities where pets get easily lost or prepare pets for natural disasters. Here are some blog title ideas you can use:
- Help Your Pet Find Home
- 5 Tips To Get Your Pet Ready for Summer
- Leaving On Vacation? What You Should Do To Prepare Your Pet
- Protecting Your Pets During a Disaster
Take a look at this blog from Janel’s clinic for a great example!
Video is your best asset nowadays, so let’s utilize it to bring in some ROI! For National Pet Preparedness Month, make a video that demonstrates the importance of having a pet emergency kit and how to construct a kit.
For National Microchipping Month, have one of your staff members talk about the statistics on lost pets and how a microchip can benefit your patient. During your video, scan a pet with a microchip to show how easy it is.
- It’s Fathers Day on June 16th and pet dads need appreciation too! Ask your followers to share photos of dads and their pets.
- Take Your Dog/Cat to Work Days are PERFECT for a vet clinic. We do it anyways! Have a few of your staff members bring in their pets and take some pics or videos.
- How about this…staff members pets AS STAFF!
For Petworking Month invite your clients to share their Instagram handles and follow them. More than likely they will follow you back and before you know it your following will increase. This is a great way to gain more local followers who already follow you on Facebook.
- It’s Adopt A Cat Month, so show off those adopted felines! Do you have a clinic cat? Perfect! Why not do an Instagram takeover with your clinic cat as the star.
- National Selfie Day…enough said. Get a bunch of staff members to take selfies. Maybe use Snapchat or Instagram filters to add a fun flare.
- For National Sunglasses Day (June 27), take a picture of your patients during their laser therapy treatment with their laser goggles. Use this photo to promote your laser therapy service in a fun and engaging way with the theme of sunglasses peppered in. You can also ask your drug reps (Like Heartgard) who have branded sunglasses. Give the sunglasses out and take pictures of the pets wearing them.
Do some social petworking with your Instagram following and repost your client’s pictures of their pets with the Repost app. Ask permission from the owner before posting their picture. People love when you share their photos!
Janel’s Bonus Biscuit of the Month
June is usually a pretty busy month for any veterinary clinic. There is so much going on; so much content to create but do you have the time to capture it, create it and post it? Get your coworkers to help! Everyone has a subject in VetMed that they are passionate about. Ask them to think of a post idea for that subject (ie Pet Nutrition, Puppy Training, Dentistry).
You can also ask them to capture the subject for you and send you the photo for you to post! Then you can use your creative juices to brand the content like you usually do but some of the work has been done for you. Do you have someone that is really into Instagram? Ask them to help with hashtags and story ideas. Maybe they’ll even let you capture a video or photo of them to use on Instagram.
Coming up with content and capturing that content can be overwhelming, but during a busy month, you might feel your head spinning. Ask for help! You’d be surprised how some of your staff will actually like being “Facebook Famous” or help with a post. They will be proud of what they contributed, share the post, and expand your reach! THAT IS A WIN WIN!
If you want to try to get a bunch of content, give out an incentive for anyone that helps. Create a contest! Have some fun with it. Social media is about meaningful connections and fun, so make sure you don’t lose sight of that.
Cheyanne’s Bonus Biscuit of the Month
FOR ISO USERS: If you are running a giveaway and want a quick way to select a winner to try this simple tip. Ask Siri to choose a random number between two numbers. She will then produce a number. Then use that number to count to the coordinating comment and you have your winner!
About The Authors
Cheyanne Flerx is the owner and founder of Hey Cheyanne, LLC and a former Veterinary Assistant now turned Veterinary Social Media Marketing Coach. Cheyanne is on a mission to use her experience and knowledge to uplift and empower fellow Veterinary Social Media Marketers and train them to do their jobs more effectively and efficiently. Follow her for more social media post ideas, marketing trainings, and guidance on her website.