BY: CHEYANNE FLERX & JANEL HUTTON
August is not one of the most exciting months as far as social media promotions and holidays go. There is still an opportunity to educate, connect, and engage with pet owners and our clients. With National Immunization Month, a ton of cat centered holidays, and summer heat, we have a few tricks up our sleeve for some quick but powerful marketing content. Are you ready? Let’s get started!
Topic Ideas for the Vet Clinic Blog:
Keeping your blog up to date with helpful and educational content is a handy tool to utilize. Here are some blog topics to get you going:
- Vaccine 101 for (Your Town) Pet Owners
- Which Vaccines Does My Pet Really Need?
- Which Vaccines Does Your New Puppy or Kitten Need?
- Protecting Your Pets Against Common Viruses in [Your Town]
Video is one of the most consumed pieces of content across multiple social media platforms. Use that knowledge to your advantage!
Try these ideas:
- Video Idea #1: “Facts about vaccines” – Go live with Q&A session or record a quick video to educate your audience on core and non-core vaccines. PRO TIP: Convert people on social media to go over to your website by sharing the link to your blog post on vaccine basics.
- Video Idea #2: “Tell A Joke Day” – National Tell A Joke Day is August 16th, so why not take a moment to laugh and relieve some stress? Make a video of your team telling pet jokes or even better dad jokes! In the caption of the post, ask your audience which joke they liked the best and host a mini-contest.
- Video Idea #3: “Tips For Feline Vet Visits” – Let’s admit it, cats can be hard for our clients to get into the vet. Give them a helping hand by recording friendly tips on the video to help kitty owners prepare and transport their feline friend.
Facebook Post Ideas:
- Post Idea #1: “Did you know?” – Educate on the importance of vaccines by posting some trivia questions. Share questions about different diseases pets can get if they are not vaccinated. In your post caption, include a CTA (call-to-action) to encourage pet owners to schedule an appointment to get their pet’s vaccines updated. Gamify the post by offering a small prize and run a mini-contest to encourage engagement.
- Post Idea #2: “World Cat Day” – Cat owners LOVE their cats! Ask followers to show off the “feline love of their life” by sharing pictures of their cats in the comments of your post. When creating the post, try sharing a fun photo of your clinic cat with text on the image that says, “ Who is the feline love of your life?”
- Post Idea #3: “Black Cat Appreciation Day” – Share a quick fact about black kitties and ask your audience to share pictures of their black beauties. Great example below!
Instagram Post Ideas:
- Post Idea #1: “Cute Babies!” – When a new puppy or kitten comes in, snap a picture of them, and dedicate a post to tell their story. Talk about them being brave for their first set of vaccines and educate on the importance of boostering vaccines. Bonus points for mentioning your less stress techniques!
- Post Idea #2: “Check the Chip!” – August 15th is Check the Chip Day! What a perfect time to host a mini drive-thru event to scan microchips on pets and highlight the pictures on Instagram. This event could be held safely outside while still encouraging pet owners to microchip their pets.
- Post Idea #3: “Curbside Care” – Snap a picture of your team actively serving clients at curbside and briefly share how your team is dedicated to practicing safe precautions and endorse your COIVD protocols.
Instagram or Facebook Stories Ideas:
- Story Idea: “Behind the scenes” – Take 5 mins and hop on the stories to show the action behind closed doors. Show clients the care your team is providing and how cute your patients are! Literally, it’ll only take 5 mins, and I promise you your clients will really appreciate it!
Cheyanne’s Bonus Biscuit of the Month
Did someone say ice cream?
I don’t know about you, but I LOVE ice cream! So it’s only natural for me to share an idea that involves Ice Cream Sandwich Day! I promise I’m not bonkers, yet! Ice Cream Sandwich Day is August 2nd, so why not buy some ice cream sandwiches and spoil your team and treat your visiting clients!?
I did this for my team when I was in practice and my team soooo appreciated the treat on a busy summer day. I can imagine you will get some happy people while they wait at curbside. Give it a try and let me know how it goes over in the Veterinary Social Media: A Community by Snout School Facebook Group!
Janel’s Bonus Biscuit of the Month
August is National Immunization Awareness Month, so let’s educate your followers and clients on why they should bring in their pets! Coordinating your marketing plan for the month can get the word out to as many clients possible.
Some ideas on marketing National Immunization Awareness Month or any month!
- Social media channels
- Post on Instagram, Facebook, Tik Tok, etc.
- In-room posters
- Create posters using our favorite tool, Canva to show why vaccinations are important.
- Lobby TV
- Create campaigns to run in your lobby with slideshows and videos
- Lobby posters
- Same as the in-room posters! Maybe have laminated information on your front desk for clients to read while checking in or out.
- Handouts for new puppy and kitten clients
- Special tabs that give information on vaccinations.
- Blogs! Write your own blog or have a veterinarian write an article.
- Do you have a front-page banner, highlight Immunization Month there so visitors can be notified.
- Email Campaigns
- Give attention to your website by linking to a blog that lives on your website.
- Educate on why vaccinating your pet is important.
- Then, follow up with a call to action to make an appointment.
- Create vaccination package specials or promote your wellness plans
- Reward your clients with incentives
The ideas for marketing any critical information are endless! With a little bit of planning and content creation, you can really make Immunization Awareness Month (or any awareness month) EPIC!
Are you looking for more post ideas and resources to help you speed up your content creation? Cheyanne offers Canva templates and post ideas in her monthly membership, Vet Social Hub! Check it out today!
Looking for more marketing resources, tips, and tricks?! Our friends at WhiskerCloud have compiled a ton of helpful resources for you here. Not to mention, we have a TON of resources for you over on the Snout School blog and store. Go check them out!
About The Authors
Cheyanne Flerx is the owner and founder of Hey Cheyanne, LLC and a former Veterinary Assistant now turned Veterinary Social Media Marketing Coach. Cheyanne is on a mission to use her experience and knowledge to uplift and empower fellow Veterinary Social Media Marketers and train them to do their jobs more effectively and efficiently. Follow her for more social media post ideas, marketing trainings, and guidance on her website.