By Cheyanne Flerx and Janel Hutton
Are your creative juices for social media content running low with your insane work schedule? We gotchu you, girl! Give your brain a rest and use these ideas to reignite your social media game!
Topic Ideas for the Vet Clinic Blog:
Keeping your blog up to date with helpful and educational content is still a useful tool to utilize. Here are some blog topics to get you going:
- Share safety tips for pets and heat
- Share fun things to do with your pets during the summer
- Provide advice for new cat owners on how to prepare for their new cat’s arrival
- Educate on the importance of parasite prevention
Try these ideas:
- Video Idea #1: Heat Safety – Summer temperatures are rising, so why not record a video of a team member sharing quick facts to keep pets safe during the heat. PRO TIP: Embed this video in your blog post about heat safety for additional SEO benefits.
- Video Idea #2: Behind the scenes documentary – Still offering curbside service? Give your clients a glimpse of the activity that occurs during the pet’s visit. Record the patient’s journey from entering the lobby to the treatment area and back to the owner. Document the whole journey! Clients will appreciate a quick virtual tour and better understand how curbside works, putting them at ease.
Facebook Post Ideas
- Post Idea #1: Social Petworking? With June being Social Petworking Month, take this time to see which of your patients has their own social media page. Ask pet owners to drop their pet’s social media handle in the comments. Then go and follow them! Chances are they will follow you back.
- Post Idea #2: Cuddly Patients? Yes, please! Now is an excellent time to up your storytelling game and share your cutest or most impressive patient stories! Make the stories interesting by telling all about the patient’s journey, the reason for visiting, and how they interacted with your team. Mention how your team cared for the patient during their visit. PRO TIP: Not sure how to caption a cute patient photo? A quick go-to tip is to ask your audience to caption the photo! Have your team pick their favorite caption submitted and create a meme from the winning caption! Super fun and engaging post to share on the fly.
- Post Idea #3: Be our guest! Have a new feline patient that was recently adopted? Share a picture to welcome your new patient and share some quick tips to help other new cats owners or those concerning make the transition easier.
- Post Idea #4: Before Father’s Day: Share a list of great gifts for pet dads and maybe even plugin for a gift certificate to your practice!
Facebook Banner Ideas:
Here an example of a Facebook banner photo you can use to spruce up your Facebook page.
- Banner Idea #1: Summer Time! Hold a photo contest of pets enjoying the summer weather, being lazy, or anything summer related!
Changing your banner’s look to match the season will bring a bright, new, and fun look to your page!
Instagram Post Ideas:
- Post Idea #1: Celebrate Pet Appreciation Week. Fill the week with posts of staff member’s pets and what they love about their pets.
- Post Idea #2: Did you save chocolate? Have you had a client share their appreciation to your team with some goodies? Publically thank that client with a picture of your team with the present and express how grateful your team was.
- Post Idea #3: Piping hot? Are you wanting to educate your clients on the importance of not leaving pets in hot cars? Take a photo of a staff member in a vehicle mimicking a pet left in a hot car (please be sure to do this safely!) In the caption, share some quick facts on how quickly the interior of a car heats up and how to avoid that.
- Post Idea #4: Costume change? Take a picture of your team in their masks and ask your audience to vote for their favorite mask.
Instagram or Facebook Stories Ideas:
- Story Idea #1: Clinic Cat Takeover! During Bring Your Pet to Work Week, have your clinic cat (or your clinic pet) host your stories for the day, and share in their perspective of the clinic.
- Story Idea #2: Deep clean! Show how your team deep cleans or sanitizes the practice; perhaps your clinic pet will make an appearance too!
- Story Idea #3: Curbside demo: Have a little fun and show what clients do when they check-in via curbside. Have a staff member pretend to pull up in their pretend “car” and show how they call or text to check-in. Then demonstrate how a team would normally respond to a client at curbside.
Cheyanne’s Bonus Biscuit of the Month
I’ve seen how busy and exhausted you are from the increase in business at your practice– leaving social media on the backburner. You aren’t alone, and we are are here to help! If you are itching to get back to posting, here are a couple of bonus posts that are fun and will get your audience to interact!
- Engaging Post #1: Ask your followers to spell their pet’s name using only emojis. Example:
- Engaging Post #2 Ask your followers to share the last picture they took of their pet in the comments. Example:
Janel’s Bonus Biscuit of the Month
Take Your Pet to Work Week starts on June 22nd, and my advice is to have some fun with this one!
If your clinic is like mine, we take our pets to work all the time. So for this week, have some fun with it! Ask for a few volunteers with well-behaved pets to participate in this fun post.
Take some photos of the team’s pets as if their pet does their job. Perhaps one of your receptionists’ cats was answering the phones or sitting at the computer? Or a technician’s dog was caught cleaning the treatment area. Or someone’s pet was checking x-rays from the latest patient?
The possibilities are endless and oh so fun!
You could also turn it into a fun trivia game throughout the week! Post a photo of the pet doing the person’s job, list the qualities of the person, but replace it with the pet’s name and see if your followers can guess who the staff member is!
I encourage you to have some fun with your posts this month; we all need some fun right now! With a little bit of planning and some help from your awesome coworkers, you will knock this post out of the park!
Are you looking for more post ideas and resources to help you speed up your content creation? Cheyanne offers Canva templates and post ideas in her monthly membership, Vet Social Hub! Check out Cheyanne and Vet Social Hub for updated post ideas and the latest in social media at HeyCheyanne.com.
About The Authors
Cheyanne Flerx is the owner and founder of Hey Cheyanne, LLC and a former Veterinary Assistant now turned Veterinary Social Media Marketing Coach. Cheyanne is on a mission to use her experience and knowledge to uplift and empower fellow Veterinary Social Media Marketers and train them to do their jobs more effectively and efficiently. Follow her for more social media post ideas, marketing trainings, and guidance on her website.
Janel Hutton works at Animal Medical Center of Wyoming in Gillette, WY as a Digital Media Manager. She has a passion for pets and photography, so naturally, that took her from a veterinary assistant to a social media maven. Janel believes the connection between pet owners and veterinary clinics is valuable and is a powerful tool in marketing your veterinary clinic. She also loves to geek out on new trends in social media and VetMed.