Get ready to be inspired and motivated to create content because we have ideas to help you succeed in your February goals! We’ve got ideas to spark creativity for National Love Your Pet Day, Valentine’s Day, Pet Dental Month, and more!
Title Ideas for the Vet Clinic Blog:
- “How To Spoil Your Cat For Valentine’s Day”
- “Why Your Pet Needs To See The Vet”
- “Tips For Walking Your Dog During The Winter Months”
- National Dog Walking month is also in February, so this is a great time to educate owners on proper techniques for walking dogs on leashes. Record your local dog trainer sharing some tips on dog walking while he/she is on the clinic’s property. PRO TIP: Take the main points from the video and create a quick and informative blog to live on your website so you can refer to it often!
- Go live on Facebook or Instagram and share 5 things pet’s should avoid around Valentine’s Day.
Facebook Post Ideas:
- Post Idea #1: What about a post for Valentine’s Day celebrating your boarding guests! Create little Valentine’s Day gifts for all the pets staying in your boarding or hospital. Pick treats or other goodies you have available at your clinic. (Tip: hit up your drug reps for some goodies.) Attach some Valentine’s (either make them or get some from the store) to the gifts and write them to the pet from your staff!
- Post Idea #2: We’ve got another Valentine’s Day idea for you. Snap a photo of Labrador Retrievers of a variety of colors and play off the idea of a “box of chocolates” gift idea!” For a caption ask the question, ”Would you prefer white, milk, or dark chocolate?”
- Post Idea #3: For National Love Your Pet Day, post an engaging graphic asking your audience to show a picture of their pets and share a fun fact or their favorite thing about their pet.
- Post Idea #4: Is your area suddenly hit with a snow day or snowstorm? Ask your followers to show pictures of their pets in the snow and have some fun!
Facebook Banner Ideas
Here are some examples of banners you can use to spruce up your Facebook Page.
Banner Idea #1: With this banner idea, try posting an “empty” banner and ask your audience to share themed pictures of their pets in the comments. The first X commenters will have their picture featured on your banner. See examples for details.
Instagram Post Ideas
- Post idea #1: February marks American Heart Month and Pet Dental Month, so let’s combine the two in one post! Show your support for heart health by asking your team to take a photo in their red scrubs. In your caption share how heart health and dental health are connected.
- Post Idea #2: Looking for a fun way to increase engagement? Ask your followers “Describe your pet’s perfect Valentine’s Day date?” Use a photo of a patient or one of your co-worker’s pets and place them in a typical Valentine’s Day setting like at the table having dinner or with a toy rose in their month.
- Post Idea #3: Do you live where there is snow? February can be a snowy month in some locations. Take slow-mo videos of pets enjoying the snow and post on Instagram!
Instagram or Facebook Stories Ideas:
- Story Idea #1: Quiz time! Back to the Labrador Retriever Idea, ask your followers what kind of “chocolate” they prefer on Valentine’s Day! Show pictures of black, chocolate, white labs and have your followers vote.
- Story Idea #2: On National Love Your Pet Day, feature patients who come into the practice for appointments and share a fun fact about them.
Dental Month Ideas:
February is traditionally the time to focus on educating clients on the importance of good dental health for pets. However, we all know good dental health doesn’t apply only to February. Use these tips to encourage your clients to practice good dental health all year round.
- Blog Idea: Breakdown the process of how to brush a pet’s teeth. Explain each step and recommend your preferred products used to brush a pet’s teeth. Take it a step further and record the process on video and embedded the video into your blog. See an example here.
- Post idea #1: Everyone knows who the Tooth Fairy is, right? For National Tooth Fairy Day, have someone from your staff dress up as the Tooth Fairy and share some quick facts on oral care at home. This could be done on a live video or made into a recorded video and published on your website for easy reference in the future.
- Post Idea #2: Quiz time! Pet owners know they should get their pet’s teeth cleaned but they either don’t know why or understand the importance. So create quizzes throughout the month to get your followers interested in the subject and realize maybe they didn’t know as much as they thought they did! Think of these quizzes as a conversation starter.
The quiz subject can be simple like, “How many teeth do adult dogs have?” or “Guess the stage of dental disease?” Make sure your subject and your text are easy to understand for your followers. If you add too much medical jargon, you might lose your reader. (Tip: offer a prize! Include a disclosure saying you are going to pick a winner at random for answering your quiz.)
- Post idea #3: As you know, Dental x-rays are REALLY IMPORTANT. Create a post from one of your patients about why Dental x-rays helped your staff diagnose an issue that wasn’t visible without an x-ray. Talk about the patient and the symptoms they have been experiencing. When you connect your followers to your patients with real-life stories, it creates more engagement.
- Post Idea #4: Share before and after photos that make a big impression. Clients sometimes don’t even know their pet’s mouth is DISGUSTING, so show and educate them. This can be very impactful and get your clients in the door for a dental exam. Remember to add to your text a CALL TO ACTION so they know how to get their pet to you.
Are you looking for more ways to promote pet dental health? Or looking to book more dentals in general?
We’ve got just the tool for you! We have a designated dental health marketing planner that will not only provide you with post ideas but will help you to create a goal and map out what you need to do to make that goal happen and help you succeed in achieving your goal. See the magic happen and snag your copy today!
Cheyanne’s Bonus Biscuit of the Month
With Valentine’s Day and Pet Dental Health Month, it’s a great time to create a custom Facebook cover photo to reflect the focus of the month. With the increase in mobile users, you’ll want to be sure that all the hard work you put into making your cover is seen! I’ve created this guide on Canva to help you create a cover photo that will be seen on both mobile and desktop versions. Just follow the instructions in the link and you should be golden!
Janel’s Bonus Biscuit of the Month
Getting in-clinic photos is the best way to grow your social media presence. When clients and potential clients are looking at you online, they want to get to know YOU!
People online can tell when something is authentic or not and they don’t want to see the same canned photos they see on advertisements. Creating a precedent for taking photos within your clinic that your staff and clients are comfortable with is important for getting the stories to show off on your social media.
Avoid feeling like you are the only one running around the clinic finding content. Pick a few staff members to help you spot cute patients and meaningful stories to share with other clients. Also, there might be a few staff members that might be great at taking selfies, so use them as the staff member holding the patient.
Sharing a photo of a staff member or a patient is great, BUT sharing a photo of a staff member WITH a patient is SOCIAL MEDIA GOLD! Followers gravitate and engage with a post focused on the bond between people and pets, so use that! You’ll see engagement and reach go up on your posts just by making that little change!
Make sure your staff understands that every photo taken of a patient needs permission from the owners. Get a system in place where you can record each client’s content in your practice management or client forms so you can always refer to their file for permission. And remember, HAVE FUN!
Want a reliable list of holidays to add to your marketing content calendar? Sign up for our email list and we’ll send you a list of holidays and let you know when we publish another marketing ideas blog for you to consume.
About The Authors
Cheyanne Flerx is a veterinary assistant turned marketing maven. Cheyanne is the founder of HashWag and serves as a social media marketing consultant to veterinary professionals. She has a passion for empowering other VetMed professionals, who share a passion for marketing.